If you notice yellow spots on the inner corners of your eyelids, you may have Xanthelasma. These patches are made up of Cholesterol under your skin. A dermatologist can help you get rid of it. The condition should not be ignored and the dermatologist should be consulted at the earliest as it can be a sign of getting a heart disease
The majority of people who contract it are middle-aged or older. It is more likely to occur in women than in men. If you notice it, get your Cholesterol checked by getting a blood test.
- You are likely to get this increase if you have:
- High LDL (bad) or low HDL (“good”) cholesterol
- Inherited High cholesterol
- Liver disease, known as primary biliary cirrhosis, which can raise cholesterol levels in the blood.
- The increase may also be linked to other heart diseases such as:-
At Dermapoint, a consultation with our skin care experts, helps us assess your condition accurately to establish exactly what you will need to help improve your appearance. Just request a consultation with us online or call our office for more information.