Skin biopsy is used to diagnose or help treat skin conditions and diseases. It is a procedure to remove cells or skin samples from your body for laboratory examination. A doctor uses a skin biopsy to diagnose skin conditions and remove abnormal tissue.
Few of such skin conditions are:
• Blistering skin disorders
• Inflammatory skin conditions
• Skin cancers
• Skin infection
• Skin tags
• Suspicious moles
There are three main ways to do a skin biopsy:
1. Punch Biopsy uses a special circular tool to remove the sample.
2. Shave Biopsy which removes the sample with a razor blade
3. Excisional Biopsy which removes the sample with small knife called a scalpel.
At Dermapoint, we assure that patients skin biopsy is performed with minimal invasion & high precision.